Ten of the Best Storybook Cottage Homes Around the World
These 10 fairy tale inspired cottages with their hand-made details call to mind the tales of the Brothers Grimm and other fantasy stories. All of these cottages are real-life homes from around the world. From stunning cottage houses to mystical stone dwellings, these 10 storybook cottage homes provide inspiration and inspire the imagination.
- Hobbit House - Rotorua, New Zealand
- Winckler Cottage - Vancouver Island, Canada
- Akebono kodomo-no-mori Park, Japan
- Wooden Cottage - Białka Tatrzańska, Tatra Mountains, Poland
- Blaise Hamlet - Bristol, England
- Willa Kominiarski Wierch - Zakopane, Poland
- Forest House - Efteling, The Netherlands
- Cottage in the Hamlet of Marie Antoinette - Versailles, France
- Cob House - Somerset, United Kingdom
- The Spadena House - Beverly Hills, California, United States
During World War II, Josephine Baker served with the French Red Cross and was an active member of the French resistance movement. Using her career as a cover Baker became an intelligence agent, carrying secret messages written in invisible ink on her sheet music. She was awarded the Croix de Guerre, and received a Medal of the Resistance in 1946. In 1961 she received the highest French honor, the Legion d’Honneur awarded by then President Charles de Gaulle.
Our loss, U.S.A….
If you don’t admire the shit out of J. Baker, who was also pretty openly bisexual and adopted NINETEEN children in addition to the badassery mentioned above, I want you to go sit in the corner and think about your life choices.
um she was also a huge civil rights activist and her refusal to perform for segregated audiences at major clubs that were fallin over themselves to book her helped de-segregate vegas performance venues
aaaand she had a pet cheetah
I really like this gif because Stitch does that little squinty thing that animals do when they’re really happy and relaxed and you can tell that he’s having such a superb time playing that little ukulele
Octopus-Inspired Design Ideas
The octopus, with its eight writhing tentacles and otherworldly appearance, has fascinated and inspired mankind since we first explored the oceans. While we may no longer write myths and legends about tentacled sea beasts, these modern octopus-inspired household designs are enough to inspire a dread of the deep. Some of us might not feel comfortable facing a slimy octopus, but the artists and designers behind these octopus products consider them be great sources of inspiration for their artworks. That sleek black leather octopus chair could be Poseidon’s throne, while those octopus chandeliers might make you feel like you’re 20,000 leagues under the sea.
4) Octopus Bracelet. Image credits: Maya
5.)Octopus Chandelier. Image credits: imgur
6) Octopus Ear Cuff. Image credits: martymagic
7) Octopus Table. Image credits: Image credits: Isaac Krauss
8) Octopus Watch. Image credits: kudoke.eu
9) Octopus Candelabra. credits: catalog.sourcecollection.com
10) Octopus Cake. Image credits: Karen Portaleo
11) Octopus Rings. mage credits: Linda Smyth
14) Octopus Punch Bowl. credits: catalog.sourcecollection.com
15) Octopus Cellphone Holder. Available at Amazon.com
16) Octopus Gate. Image credits: paulgilbert-blacksmith.co.uk